- Always post the rules.
- Answer the questions of the person who tagged you and write 11 new ones.
- Tag 11 people and link them.
- Let them know that they are.
1. What was your first email address/screen name?
i got my first email account in my freshman year of college. It was a VAX account — v055rxlr. and the fact that i can remember that from 21yrs ago is madly impressive.
I’m pretty sure my first screen name was amygurl, which is a nickname I sort of had in HS and definitely had in college. I still use it a lot.
2. If you could pick one awards ceremony/show to attend, what would it be?
Hrm. Awards shows make me kind of tense, but I’ve been to the VMAs a few times and they’re actually pretty engaging in person. The Golden Globes seems fun — I’ll go with that :)
3. When was the last time you got caught in the rain?
Oh goodness, I often do because, despite owning a ridiculous amount of umbrellas, I rarely have them with me. Sometime over the summer, I couldn’t get a ride and had to walk a half-mile on the highway in pouring rain to get to where I’d parked my car.
4. What’s the weirdest injury you’ve ever sustained?
How about when I fractured my foot in three places when I did a cartwheel that went terribly awry in June 2007? One of the fractures is considered a lisfranc injury which is often seen in football players because of how they stand on their toes/balls of their feet before the snap. I threw up and nearly passed out from the pain, the ER said it was just a bad sprain and the next day, my foot swelled up to something frightening — i looked like Shrek.
Two days later, I found out the severity and I should have had surgery then, not in Jan 2009. It’s never healed properly and so it’s just a chronic pain situation. However, i did get to ride on a knee scooter for three months!
5. What are you doing for New Year’s?
NYE was a big thing with my extended family when I was young and I miss it. Nowadays, I tend to pop over to a friend’s house and go to the local ball drop in Pawnee which is always a comedy of errors. Other than that, nothing.
6. Be honest: how often do you use Facebook?
All the time. I play a few ridiculous games on it and so I check in on those several times. Plus, it’s an easy way to keep in touch with friends all over the country/world.
6. What’s your favorite made-up-in-a-TV-show-or-movie-or-whatever sport? (e.g., Calvinball, Flonkerton, etc.)
I have no idea! Quidditch, maybe? Ohhh! Does the scavenger hunt in Midnight Madness count?
7. One horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?
OMG. 100 duck-sized horses! I see them like corgis in my head. Now I want to lay on the ground and play with 100 duck-sized horsies!
8. Bowties or regular ties?
I love a regular tie on a guy/girl in a suit, but bow ties make me smile whenever i see them. So bow ties?
9. If you could instantaneously be able to speak another language fluently, what would it be?
I’ve studied Spanish and Russian and am so out of practice that I’d love to get them both back. If I had to pick one - probably Russian, or Japanese. I love learning a new language but I’d be so happy to have the intricacies of grammar and verb tense and vocabulary burned into my brain without the painful slodge of learning it all.
10. Describe your handwriting.
My handwriting is pretty fantastic when I’m paying attention. It completely changed when I started studying Russian — cyrillic, especially handwritten cyrillic, is a very distinct and so I had to make a point of understanding all the letters because many are very similar. That exactness changed the way I wrote entirely.
cypanache, scullyseviltwin, ginamak, principia-coh, stillscape, bettiebloodshed, misterkevo, princessgeorge, breakthecitysky, marinatinginmyawesomeness, barelysuppressedfirth
1. What is one of your irrational fears?
2. What channel do you flip to when you turn on the TV?
3. What websites do you like to window shop on?
4. If you could ask everyone a question and they’d have to answer honestly, what would it be?
5. Sleeping in late or going to bed early?
6. Do you have any superstitions?
7. You are suspicious of people who _________. (fill in the blank)
8. You get to be a rock star for a day. What band would you play with, and what would the groupies have to say to score some backstage time with you?
9. If someone made you into an action figure, what would you be wearing and what would be your special power?
10. What’s the best compliment you’ve gotten?