Merry Christmas from Parks and Recreation, courtesy of Jim O’Heir.
(posted a day late, because, well. Jerry.)
The writing staff of NBC’s Parks and Recreation
1. Game of Thrones
2. Sporcle.com—easily the best writers’ room time-waster ever invented.
3. Our writers’ PA, Dan Eder, who magically brings us food and coffee every day, and without whom we would be lost (and hungry).
4. The nameless caveman who first bonked another caveman on the head with a rock and made the other cavemen laugh, thus inventing the modern “joke” and allowing us, thousands of years later, to make a living essentially just recreating that moment over and over again on TV.
5. Our families, we guess, whatever.
6. The executives and business affairs employees of the National Broadcasting Company—without a doubt, the finest collection of handsome and beautiful geniuses ever assembled!
8. Movie trailers—easily the second-best writers’ room time-waster ever invented.
9. Our production team, which takes our weird rambling ideas and somehow makes them occur, every week, perfectly, exactly the way we imagined they’d occur.
10. Our cast, which is the funniest and best cast on TV, and there isn’t really a close second.
Retta, star of Parks and Recreation
1. The fact that my parents are still around and that my mom continues to kill it on Thanksgiving Day. Strictly sweatpants because you WILL overindulge. If you think you can hang with anything less than one size ABOVE what you normally wear? Good luck.
2. TiVo because my VHS tape game would not be tight. I watch an obscene number of shows.
3. My new body pillow. I’m alone and appreciate having something to hug at night.
4. Parks and Recreation because it has afforded me the opportunity to meet a myriad of cool, genuine and interesting artists. It has gotten me into parties and events that have had so many dynamic individuals as well as some lovely open bars.
5. Scandal, Homeland, The Good Wife, The Vampire Diaries, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, True Blood, Sons of Anarchy, Downton Abbey, New Girl, Happy Endings, The New Normal, Modern Family, Smash, Suits, Mad Men and Parenthood because they Give. Me. Life.
6. Twitter because it helped me find my true calling: Talkin’ smack about teevee.
7. My besties because I can still act a fool around them and they never judge a bitch.
Randomly, i’ve played the Can You Name All the Buffy Episodes? sporcle quiz more times than i should admit. I can’t seem to do all, but I can usually do 100 in under 10 min.
UGH. RETTA IS MY FAVORITE. HONESTLY.
love her beyond the telling of it.
For a woman who claims that she is not into vampires, Retta is quick to discuss her very intense opinions on The Vampire Diaries, Angel and of course, Twilight. And often, those very intense and hilarious opinions on those series and other favorites are broadcast weekly from her Twitter account (@JokeDiva). Now, if we could only get a daily update from Donna Meagle, her alter-ego on Parks and Recreation, our lives would be complete.
Retta talks to us about her love for TV, how dirty her Parks co-stars can get, why we all need to see a Donna/Jean-Ralphio hook-up and, of course, vampires.
to make the last week of hiatus hurt a little less ;)